Went Snowboarding

We arrived at about 9A.M. at Boreal (ski resort) at there weren’t too many people in the parking lot when we got there so we figured there wouldn’t be that many people on the slopes either and we were right. There was only a few people on the icy slopes. So we get out of the car and the wind is blowing so hard we are trying to change in the car and the doors keep wanting to slam shut on the car because the wind is blowing so hard. Plus it is fricking freezing cold. Not a good combination when you’re trying to go down the slopes.

Next we get in line to get out life tickets and my boyfriend, Bryan, needed to rent skis, boots and poles. The line was really long but the rental equipment wasn’t too busy so we moved through there pretty quickly. The cashier at the life ticket station told us that half of the mountain was closed. And I thought oh my god why did we even come here there’s only like three lifts open. And not to mention but that other side of the mountain is the best park of the whole resort. So to say the least I was a little bit disappointed.

So we get into the line for the bunny slopes just to practice. My boyfriend wanted to test out the skis he rented and I wanted to test out my skills and boy let me tell you I felt so out of practice. I felt like a duck out of water. I needed to get a longer run in so that I could get more practice in. But they didn’t have the big lift open yet unless you choose to go down the middle where all the jumps are and everything. So we went and took a break after the bunny slopes and a couple of times on the medium lift and had lunch.

Snowy Mountains, Tahoe, CA.

We walked back the slopes after lunch and they opened one more lift to the top of the mountain (those cheap bastards of a resort) and so we were about to get in this ridiculously huge line. But turned around and decide to call it a day. It was just to frustrating for me. Plus the snow had already turned into ice and it was so windy we had to buy face masks. I was just really grumpy about the whole thing when I found out they had only three lifts in operation. They were too cheap to open up all the lifts so we missed out on the best part of the mountain and had no good runs to go down. So we called it a day and decided to go home and beat the traffic. We learned for next time that we will have to shell out more than $15 for a lift ticket to get to some better lifts and mountains. I can’t wait for next season. Hopefully I will be living in Portland, Oregon where the mountains are only an hour away. I could get more practice in.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s