Today it’s storming pretty bad here in Sonoma County. My boyfriend and I were planning on going up to Tahoe to go on a snowboarding adventure. But since it’s raining we decided it be best not to go up to the mountains without any chains on his truck. It probably would’ve taken longer to get up there anyways and we would’ve been snowboarding with snow in our faces all day long because the weather forecast said it was going to be windy and snowing all day long.
So once again our snowboarding trip is put off for another week. We have to go on a Friday because it’s a special deal for college students where it only costs $15 per lift ticket compared to the regular $75 daily price of a lift ticket. Plus I don’t know if it would be fun to go snowboarding with snow and wind in our faces all day long. At least it would have been really tiring to be cold and wet all day long. Yet I was willing to do pretty much anything just to get up there as I just want to go snowboarding so bad, ugh! This is frustrating.
Once again this is partially due to my procrastination because we could’ve rented chains for $30 for five days instead of buying them for $60. Which would’ve have helped since we are both broke right now. Why is it that only rich people can afford to going skiing and snowboarding? It’s just so darn expensive. And I couldn’t find my snowboard boots last night so I was pretty sure they got misplaced in the addict or my dad might have accidentally given them away to the Goodwill. So last night I was kind of pissed off when I found out I was going to probably have to rent boots and a board, the kind where you click in in instead of strapped in. Which I’ve never ridden before and would’ve have been a new experience for me, even though I just got this other older board which I love, and much rather ride than a used rental board. I know I’m sounding spoiled, we’ll I guess I am, I’m daddy’s little girl. And since I am focusing on finishing my education right now and don’t have a job, it was important that I go snowboarding today because I know I’m probably not going to get another chance to go this season.
Next week when we go at least we know there will be snow from this week’s storm. We will be ready with chains and boots and what ever else we might need. I just hope the weather conditions are superior for the one day that I get to go up a year. I can’t wait and I look forward ro next Friday, yay!